Patient Rights & Responsibilities
- The patient has the right to receive considerate and respectful care.
- The patient has the right to know the name of the physician responsible for coordinating his or her care.
- The patient has the right to obtain information from his or her physician in terms that can be reasonably understood. Information may include but is not limited to his or her diagnosis, treatment, prognosis and medically significant alternatives for care or treatment that may be available. When it is not medically advisable to share specific information with the patient, the information should be made available to an appropriate person on his or her behalf. When medical alternatives are to be incorporated into the plan of care, the patient has the right to know the name of the person(s) responsible for the procedures and treatments.
- The patient has the right to obtain the necessary information from his or her physician to give informed consent before the start of any procedure and treatment. Necessary information includes but is not limited to the specific procedure and treatment, the probably duration of the incapacitation, the medically significant risks involved and provisions for emergency care.
- The patient has the right to expect physicians, when in the office, at Capstone Vision to provide evaluation, services and referrals as indicated for urgent situations. When medically permissible, the patient or designated support person(s) will receive complete information and explanation about the need for and alternatives to transferring to another facility. The facility to which the patient is to be transferred must first have accepted the patient for transfer.
- The patient has the right to refuse treatment to the extent permitted by law and to be informed of the medical consequences of his or her action.
- The patient has the right to obtain information about any financial and professional relationship that exists between this facility and other health care and educational institutions insofar as his or her care is concerned. The patient has the right to obtain information about any professional relationships that exist among individuals who are involved in his or her procedure or treatment.
- The patient has a right to be advised if Capstone Vision proposes to engage in or perform human experimentation affecting his or her care or treatment. The patient has the right to refuse to participate in research projects.
- The patient has the right to every consideration for privacy throughout his or her medical care experience, including but not limited to the following:
- Confidentiality and discreet conduct during case discussions
Those not directly involved in his or her care must have the permission of the patient to be present. All communications and records pertaining to the patient’s care will be treated as confidential.
- The patient has the right to expect reasonable continuity of care, including but not limited to the following:
- The right to know in advance what appointment times and physicians are available and where
- The right to access information from his or her physician, regarding continuing health care requirements following discharge
- The number to call for questions or emergency care
- The patient has the right to access and examine an explanation of his or her bill regardless of the source of payment.
- The patient and designated support person(s) have the right to know what facility rules and regulations apply to their conduct as a patient and guest during all phases of treatment.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to participate fully in decisions involving his or her own health care and to accept the consequences of these decisions if complications occur.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to follow up on his or her physician’s instructions take medications when prescribed and ask questions concerning his or her own health care that he or she feels is necessary.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to provide name of support person in case of emergency, and have this support person available when advised to do so.
Direct Any Care Concerns To:
3100 Cross Creek Parkway, Ste. 130
Auburn Hills, MI 48326